This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but is accessible to any browser or Internet device.
- October 8, 2002 - Historical Society of Michigan Elects New President,Trustees
EAST LANSING: The Historical Society of Michigan introduced its new president, Mr. Kenneth R. Pott of St. Joseph, at the 128th State History Conference held in Muskegon September 27-29. Lewis Cass and Henry Schoolcraft founded the Historical Society of Michigan, the state's oldest cultural organization, in 1828. It is an independent non-profit dedicated to the education and advancement of Michigan's historical story. Click here for full release.
- September 30, 2002 - Historical Society Presents State History Awards
MUSKEGON: The Historical Society of Michigan handed out its annual Awards of Merit at the 128th State History Conference held in Muskegon, Michigan Friday, September 27 through Sunday, September 29. The conference, sponsored annually by the Historical Society of Michigan, featured over twenty-five speakers who focused on Michigan history topics. Click here for full release.
- July 23, 2002 - Directory of State Historical Organizations Now Available
EAST LANSING: A new reference tool to locate historical organizations in Michigan is now available. The Michigan History Directory of Historical Societies, Museums, Agencies and Commissions includes over 700 detailed listings making research into Michigan history more accessible to all. Complete press release here. To order the directory, click here for the order form.
- June 24, 2002 - History Activist from Sault Ste. Marie Wins Follo Award
- May 23, 2002 - Michigan designates Historical Society of Michigan as "official" state historical society.
- May 6, 2002 - Michigan History Day list of state-level winners.
From HSM's Past.....